Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Birthday Cakes


I have been making birthday cakes since high school. It does wear you out sometimes especially when you are not in a good mood. Sometimes I leave the decorating to my staff when I feel languid.

However, eversince I started making macarons for my chocolate fondue decorating birthday cakes have become more fun. Macarons lend a very colorful and fancy touch. It also invokes that element of refinement in your handiwork.

In my kitchen, I am the only one qualified to make my macarons because my staff can't make it right. Hence, I really value these little Parisian delicacies. When I use them for decoration, it always means the cake is for someone very special.

All guests are special but there are those who deserve an extra mile.

Macarons perfectly provide that elevation.

1 comment:

Big Boys Oven said...

this is so lovely!