Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ginger Cheesecake with Pickled Capsicum and Mango Jelly

There is another group coming tomorrow that will have a set menu. Again, my mind is tickled and I asked the Executive Chef to give me ten minutes to think over it.

I have developed a dinner roll called Sushi Bread Roll. I got the idea upon looking at our Japanese chef preparing sushi who also does bakery work for me when my baker is off. Lean dough is mixed with finely sliced nori, rolled thin and filled with pesto and tuna flakes. This time around, the Executive Chef wants to take it further by adding wasabi into the filling.

I chanced upon a site that showcased beautifully presented desserts that included a triangular slice of cheesecake. That is where my idea has taken off. For dessert, I will serve ginger cheesecake with pickled capsicum or bell pepper on the side pluse a jelly of mango filled with pickled ginger. I will finish it off with mango sauce.

This new project is making me excited again. I will post the picture as soon as I get the mise en place done.

No comments: